PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information from you in various ways. We collect personal information you directly provide to us online, in our stores and through your other interactions with us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics and other information you provide us or allow us to collect from you. We also collect credit card numbers if you purchase our products and services. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons, or "gifs," are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. If you do not wish for us to track emails we send you, some email services may allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or images which may disable tracking, or you may unsubscribe from our marketing emails as described below.
While we and others give you choices described in this Policy, there are many ways Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of or honor every mechanism.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND ADS
Mountain Hardwear Ads on Third Party Websites. We and others may use information collected using third-party cookies and web beacons on our Sites and in our emails to deliver Mountain Hardwear-branded advertising displayed to you on third-party websites. We and others also may use cookie information to know when you return to our website after visiting these third-party websites. We and others use this and other information about you to try to understand your interests and show you relevant advertising about products and services that may interest you. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and the Mountain Hardwear Ad Choices page.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our Sites, in our stores, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- provide and deliver products and services;
- send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Mountain Hardwear and our selected partners;
- operate and improve our Sites and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Mountain Hardwear may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain sections of our Sites are designed as open and public community areas for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up for or participate in these areas you will be asked to provide certain information that may be displayed publicly along with photos, stories, posts, and other information you choose to provide. We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories, photos, and videos in connection with surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions offered on the Sites.
We do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties except as follows:
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mountain Hardwear takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Mountain Hardwear by following the instructions in those emails. If you choose to opt out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information or our Policy or privacy practices by writing us at:
- Mountain Hardwear, Inc.
1414 Harbour Way South
Ford Point, Suite 1005
Richmond, CA 94804
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Mountain Hardwear may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
Mountain Hardwear complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Mountain Hardwear has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Mountain Hardwear’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/