In the last few years I have taken my climbing to ever-higher levels in the disciplines of sport climbing and bouldering. I have fulfilled many long-term goals of mine: tie or beat Sharma in a comp (not really), climb V14 and on-sight 5.14, and climb the enigmatic Realization.
My goals are to keep raising the bar for hard climbing, podium at a world cup, become a better surfer, live a eco-friendly life, go to college, cherish my family, friends, and animals, keep traveling, and enjoy new experiences.
- 2nd place, ABS 13 National Bouldering Championships- February 25th, 2012- Colorado Springs, CO (http://vimeo.com/37739508)
- 1st place, UBC Pro Tour Finale at the Nor’easter- September 25th, 2010- Lincoln, NH- (http://vimeo.com/15604778)
- 1st place, Mammut Sendfest, Salt Lake City, 2006
Junior National Champion 1998-2001 (age 12-16)
Junior Internat’l Champion 1998-2001(age 12-16)
- Silver Medalist, Youth World Championships; Amsterdam, Nederlands, 2000
1st Jr Subaru Gorge Games; Hood River, Or, 2000
- 4th place, PCA (Pro Climbers Ass’n) Salt Lake City, 2002
- 2nd place, USCCA National Championships; Miami, 2003
2nd PCA Championships, Boulder, Co., 2004
- 1st place, overall PCA ranking 2004
- 1st place, overall ABS ranking 2004
- 1st place, ABS Nationals; Sacramento, CA (2004)
- 2nd place, North American Bouldering Champships, Mexico City, 2005
- 1st place, American (2nd overall), US Climbing National Championships; San Francisco, 2005
- 2nd place, ABS Nationals, Berkeley, Ca 2005
- 2nd place, Dyno, 2006 Teva Mountain Games, Vail, Co
- 1st place, Speed Bouldering, 2005 Teva Mountain Games
- 3rd place, Bouldering, 2005 Teva Mountain Games
18th UIAA Bouldering World Champ’ships; Munich, 2005
- 2nd place, HP40 Triple Crown; Horse Pens, Al, 2005
- 2nd place, ABS Nationals; Boulder, CO, 2006
- United States Climbing Team Member, 1998-present
Other Notable Achievements:
- Established many hard boulder problems in Red Rocks, NV, including the first ascents of ‘Clockwork Orange’ and ‘Wet Dream’ (both V12)
- Established the hardest Sport Climb in China- ‘Spicy Dumpling’ (5.14d) at White Mountain, Yangshuo, China.
- Redpoint of ‘Cobra Crack’ (5.14b) in Squamish, BC in August 2008.
- Redpoint of ‘Realization’ (5.15a) in Ceuse, France in September 2007.
- Redpoint of ‘Sky’ (V14) in Rocklands, South Africa in July 2011.
- Flash ascent of ‘Black Shadow’ (V12) in Rocklands, South Africa.
- Onsight of ‘Drop City’ (5.14a) in Geyik Bayiri, Turkey in January 2011.
- 2007- Big Up Productions- ‘King Lines’ (highest grossing climbing film of all time!)
- 2008- BS Productions- ‘The Players’
- 2008- MC Productions- ‘Perfecto’
- 2011- Chuck Fryberger Films- ‘The Scene’
Catch up with Ethan on:
Follow Ethan on Facebook:
Ethan's Facebook Page
Follow Ethan on Vimeo:
Ethan's Vimeo Account
Follow Ethan on Twitter: @ethanpringle